Tuesday, January 23, 2007

A tool too far...

I am a huge fan of tools. I buy many many many tools I will only use once, or will only use once when the right situation presents itself. That said, there should be limits. I bought a blood pressure tester because that's the kind of number I have an interest in tracking since my brother in law had bypass surgery . I started using it and was getting alarming numbers. 160/99 and the like. So I was pretty sure that I was going to die, and I began searching for an urn that fit with my design sensibilities. My wife, left to her own tastes, would end up pouring me into some ghastly country chic thing. I would die a thousand deaths. I want to be in something industrial- something that screams "toxic waste"- but would look good on the mantle.
Thankfully, Mary fell down the stairs...
...because she had to go to the hospital, and I had to drive her. While we were there, they took her blood pressure. I thought "Hey! I can get a real good idea of how long I have to live if I have a professional take my blood pressure reading! Then, if they gasp, I know I'm done for!" Or something like that.
Anyway, turns out even with all the stress of the aforementioned accident and fire drill to get to the hospital, I have a bp of 130/80. Pretty darned good. Looks like I have to continue to pump money into the 401k.
Oh, the wife has a broken ankle and will be immobilizedl for a couple weeks. Looks like I will be feeding the kids for a while.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

another moment where all in your family should wear a live head web cam. think of the royalties...

you really should watch your BP. that is pretty high considering you are pretty healthy. but then who am i to talk? i'm pushing a 118lbs with some days lacking any seeming real BP.

the only winning was meant for guys with more cool tools and even more power tools including a hand held plasma cutter...

Rick J said...

I think my BP is natures way of dealing with this place. It's the only explanation. It couldn't be the homemade vanilla ice cream- store bought- by the good folks at Breyers, which is probably a subsitiary of some stent making conglomorate. Who says conglomorates are disparate collections of businesses...I think there is a certain synergy that the fat cats build into them.