Friday, March 16, 2007

The dog is wearing out her welcome

The new dog is getting a little bit too comfortable in my bed. She seems to think that she is the primary user of the bed. This includes the pillows. My pillow, to be specific. I don't mind the dog in the bed- we have always had a little footwarmer in bed with us- but this one does not understand her place. The phrase "foot of the bed" springs to mind. All the other dogs have wrapped themselves around our feet (with some occasional exceptions) but Sheila seems to think that she is a hat, and that she belongs on my head. I do not enjoy being growled at because I shifted the orientation of my head during the night, nor do I enjoy the long stick legs that sometimes greet me when I open my eyes in the morning because she is draped over my head. I am sure that dog lovers would disagree, but I am compelled to express my displeasure at this. I am a Red Sox fan, and if I want to wear a hat, it will have a B on it, and it will not have a face.

Speaking of Red Sox, Connor is a Yankee this season. I am one of the coaches, so I have the joy of picking up a Yankee jersey and wearing it on opening day tomorrow. I am not happy about that. I may wear my Red Sox hat. Then again, I may not. Bastards.

No comments: