Monday, February 11, 2008

Snow!

I went cross country skiing last weekend (or was it the weekend before....) and was fortunate enough to get a good dusting of snow. Skiing on fresh powder is great, but sometimes the cost isn't measured in tickets, but rather, dents and time lost. I dented the wife's truck a tad (I needed 4wd vs the lowered G35 "snowplow") when I tried to power through a snow bank that turned out to have a post embedded in it. Fortunately, the plastic piece was easy to pop back, and I doubt that anyone will ever notice the slight deformity. Besides, I have some local hooligans I can blame it on. I don't even need to go outside, I can just round up the usual suspects around the house!

The drive home was dicey. At one point there was only about 10 feet of visibility. At one point I almost thought I might have been lost and stranded. Wouldn't that have been a hoot- another hapless tourist lost in the Sierras. I sat there imagining the news story at home, and how the kids would fight over all my toys. That motivated me to survive. I wouldn't do well on "Lost". I would go crazy imagining the boys running my trains off the track, or playing with my hot wheels, or even staging fights with the dog and the rc dinosaur.

Hmm..... that last one has merit.....

No comments: