Monday, October 30, 2006

Good Dog, Bad Dog

We picked up a new dog on Sunday. Actually, the family did- I went to the Raider-Steeler game with my man Darryl. It was a birthday present from my beautiful wife (the tickets, not Sheila). That's the dog's name. Sheila. She is an 8 month old Jack Russell Terrier. Cute as a button, and a total spaz. She will fit in here perfectly. Or not. She likes to chew. She slept with Connor, and since he conked out early, she decided to chew. We have a lot of military tradition in our family. I even tried it myself. ROTC. Two years. But when I changed majors I was told the Army has no use for the skills I would learn. Art. Not biggie- my two week camp experience was less than satisfying- I don't do mornings, or at least I didn't in college- so I dropped out before I signed on the dotted line. I always wonder what life would have been like if I had, but that is for another time. Anyway, my Father in law was Marine. RSM, 5 1. HARD core with a capital HARD. But a great man. He had some of the most harrowing stories about Vietnam. He served 5 tours there. The army had a policy of one tour each, but the Marines send you where they want, when they want, however many times as they want. And Hank was up for it. I respected the man a hell of a lot. I even cut my hair short when I started dating his daughter. Always respect the father. Boys- learn that one early. No one can cut you off better than daddy. What was I talking about? oh yea. Connor has a little bear called Marine Bear (talk about a lead in!) . He is in dress blues and tennis shoes. Connor LOVES Marine Bear. Sheila likes him too. She ate him. She is going to be in big trouble, because hell hath no fury like a raging 5 yr old. I, for my part, will do anything to make the little guy happy, so I will probably buy him a car or something. My mom will attempt to rebuild him. Bionic Marine Bear. NaNaNaNaNaNa. Steve Austin, look out.

No comments: