Monday, October 02, 2006

The wife left me....

No, not like that, but for an emergency at home. Her mother had a stroke, and so she booked a flight and left. It was all sudden like, and I don't think she really understood what she was doing. Anyway, she has departed, and I am in charge. Sort of a "fox guarding the chickens" kind of situation. More like "W in charge" if you ask her. Yesterday about 7 I remembered that they hadn't eaten dinner. I piled 'em into the Suburban and off we went in search of food. We ended up at Walmart. Don't even ask how that came about. Ours is a SuperWalmart, so they have food. I figured we would get some stuff and bring it home to eat. They talked me into a bag of what could only be described as "Crap". The whole assortment had little in the way of nutritional value. Probably, if you ate the paper and cardboard, you would get some fiber. We brought it home and ate it in front of the TV. Then they ran around the house like maniacs, and then they pretty much passed out and I put them in bed. I didn't have this in mind when we were shopping, but it turned out to be a pretty good strategy. Dinner is once again looming on the horizon, and again, I have no plan.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

oh shit! hope vi is okay.

on the bright side, from what i remember the house tends to pretty mellow when you have the kids to yourself. too bad i'm not there to help put out patrick's fires...

Unknown said...

by the way, at what age does your life start to get boring? any ideas?

Rick J said...

I am anticipating a wonderful, calm, quiet life at the age of 70 or so, when I get a well deserved case of senility and dementia.